none
Bird's eye imagery access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Bing Maps team,

Happy to see you keep improving the product. Apologies for not a directly API-related question, doesn't seem to be another way to contact the map data/imagery team?

Was a bit surprised to see birds eye imagery was removed for some areas, with the rationale of it being old?

This wasn't precisely "birds eye" imagery, but rather fairly old satellite imagery (the region I'm talking about is Poland-Belarus), so I don't think it would be from Pictometry? I believe you were just over-sampling the imagery that is now being shown at lower zoom levels, which was circa 2005. Any chance to find out the source, or get access to it?

Thanks

• Edited by tohaklim Sunday, April 8, 2018 9:03 PM
    Sunday, April 8, 2018 8:51 PM

Answers

• Historical imagery is not made available through the Bing Maps platform. 

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Sunday, April 15, 2018 10:24 PM
  • Hello Tohaklim,

The birdseye imagery in Bing Maps is constantly being updated with newer and fresher imagery. There have been many areas with updated imagery, however some are still in the process of being updated. Hope this information helps.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 1:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Tohaklim,

The birdseye imagery in Bing Maps is constantly being updated with newer and fresher imagery. There have been many areas with updated imagery, however some are still in the process of being updated. Hope this information helps.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 1:10 PM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for the answer, apologies for the late reply.

My query was actually regarding old birds eye imagery: for my area of interest, you had what appeared to be upscaled sat photos from early 2000. It is of interest to me, and I believe might be of interest to others currently using a product of your competitor that offers historic imagery.

Was this imagery removed and rights to it lost/transferred? Or can it be accessed somewhere?

Saturday, April 14, 2018 5:46 PM
  • Historical imagery is not made available through the Bing Maps platform. 

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Sunday, April 15, 2018 10:24 PM