Sorting by measures as filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to give the users a possibility to sort by i.e. Income, GM and GM% and implement those as filters. Plus the option to  change sort order (high to small, small to high). I know that it's possible but could someone point me in the right direection.

Larra
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Larra,

This can be achieved in PowerPiovt, you should  Create Two Dummy Tables for Slicers, then Create Measures that Detect User Selections on Those Slicers, Create a 1,-1 Measure Based on Sort Order, in addtion, Create a Branching Measure Based of the “Sort Table By” Slicer.

For more detail steps, pllease refer to this link http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2011/10/user-friendly-report-sorting-with-slicers/ 

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Monday, January 16, 2012 2:22 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Larra,

This can be achieved in PowerPiovt, you should  Create Two Dummy Tables for Slicers, then Create Measures that Detect User Selections on Those Slicers, Create a 1,-1 Measure Based on Sort Order, in addtion, Create a Branching Measure Based of the “Sort Table By” Slicer.

For more detail steps, pllease refer to this link http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2011/10/user-friendly-report-sorting-with-slicers/ 

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Monday, January 16, 2012 2:22 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 7:52 AM
  • Thanks Challen FU,

It's great

Larra
    • Marked as answer by Larra Friday, January 13, 2012 9:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jerry Nee Monday, January 16, 2012 2:22 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 9:10 AM
  • Hi Larra,

Please do a correct mark behavior, please mark the reply which help you. Thanks for your effort.

Friday, January 13, 2012 9:36 AM