[UWP][Win10][Xaml C++]Orientation PortraitFlipped never fired in Win10 mobile device, but works ok in Win 10 tablet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an UWP app to check the orientation. For Win10 mobile device, only 3 orientations are fired. PortraitFlipped never fired. For Win10 tablet, all 4 orientation fired. I am not sure is it the designed behavior or a bug. I have selected all 4 orientations in package appxmanifest. Please advise.

Tablet Win10 version 10.0.10586.164

Lumia 640 XL Win10 mobile version 10.0.10586.218

Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi ErikS2,

Are you setting the InitialRotationPreference in manifest or AutoRotationPreferences property at runtime? 

I tested in both ways settigns in manifest and at runtime and it works fine in UWP 10586 emulator. 

Could you check that Lumia 640 XL Win10 mobile version 10.0.10586.218 does support PortraitFlipped ? if you read the documentation 

"Note that on devices that can't be rotated, an app might be shown in that device's default orientation and the app's preferred orientation will be ignored. However, on a device with a rotation lock activated, your app's preferred rotation will still be honored."

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, April 15, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I have already set the rotation preference as follows. In addition, I did not set AutoRotationPreferences property at runtime.

I have checked that Edge behaves the same, can rotate all except PortraitFlipped. I cannot find any information about PortraitFlipped not supported in the documentation.

<uap:InitialRotationPreference>
              <uap:Rotation Preference="portrait" />
              <uap:Rotation Preference="landscape" />
              <uap:Rotation Preference="portraitFlipped" />
              <uap:Rotation Preference="landscapeFlipped" />
            </uap:InitialRotationPreference>

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:18 PM