Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'. RRS feed

• Question

• User174441747 posted
    I have SQL Server 2005 and Vs 2005.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>I Have done every steps to install TimeTracker to work with its TimeTracker.mdf:<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p></o:p>1) In SQL Server 2005 : attach db TimeTracker.mdf.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p></o:p>2) In C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ aspnet_regsql.exe, I click on this to set the DB TimeTrakcer with my SQL server 2005 Windows Authentification<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p></o:p>3) In Web.config, here is what I used :<o:p></o:p>  <connectionStrings><o:p></o:p>    <add name="aspnet_staterKits_TimeTracker"<o:p></o:p>    connectionString="Initial catalog=TimeTracker;server=MyServer;AttachDBFileName=|DataDirectory|TimeTracker.mdf;uid=;pwd=; Trusted_Connection=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/><o:p></o:p>    <remove name="LocalSqlServer"/><o:p></o:p>    <add name="LocalSqlServer"<o:p></o:p>    connectionString="server=MyServer;uid=;pwd=; Trusted_Connection=True"/><o:p></o:p>  </connectionStrings><o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>    <membership><o:p></o:p>       <providers><o:p></o:p>         <remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" /><o:p></o:p>         <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"<o:p></o:p>          type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"<o:p></o:p>          connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"<o:p></o:p>          enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" applicationName="/"<o:p></o:p>          requiresUniqueEmail="false" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"<o:p></o:p>          passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />         <o:p></o:p>       </providers><o:p></o:p>    </membership>4) I succeed to access the first page TimeTracker’s login.  But when I tried to create the user and click on the button Create User, I always get this error message: <o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'. <o:p></o:p>Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

Source Error: <o:p></o:p>
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p><o:p> ....</o:p><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p>Many posts about this message error Dbo_AspNet_CheckSchemaVersion, but none of them helped to resolve my problem.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.</o:p><o:p></o:p> CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE??  Thanks before hand!<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p>Olivier<o:p></o:p>

Friday, February 29, 2008 12:12 PM

All replies

• User555306248 posted

In Time Tracking System, it uses inbuild Membership classes for user creation, updation etc..

You have to register your DB with ASP.NET Membership classes by executing the command line utility in VS prompt

aspnet_regsql, it will open one window, where you  have to configure DB.

Hope it will help you, let me know.

Sunday, March 2, 2008 10:46 PM
  • User174441747 posted

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for replying to me.  I'`m really appreciated.

As I mentionned in the earlier message, I had done every steps.  Your suggestion about aspnet_regsql was in the step 2) that I executed and it recognized the TimeTracker DB that's why I can login to the login page.  Again, here were my steps :

1) In SQL Server 2005 : attach db TimeTracker.mdf. 

2) In C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ aspnet_regsql.exe, I click on this to configure DB TimeTrakcer with my SQL server 2005 Windows Authentification 

3) In Web.config, here is what I used :  <connectionStrings>    <add ...      

4) I succeed to access the first page TimeTracker’s login.  But when I tried to login as User ("Manager") and password ("1.manager.1.") OR  to create the user and click on the button Create User , I always get this error : Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

One thing that I checked in SqlServer 2005 Management Studio, in TimeTracker DB : 

select * from aspnet_Applications;

select * from aspnet_Membership;

select * from aspnet_Paths;

select * from aspnet_PersonalizationAllUsers;

select * from aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser;

select * from aspnet_Profile;

Select * from aspnet_roles;

Select * from aspnet_starterkits_ProjectCategories;

Select * from aspnet_starterkits_ProjectMembers;

Select * from aspnet_starterkits_Projects;

Select * from aspnet_starterkits_TimeEntry;

Select * from aspnet_Users;

Select * from aspnet_UsersInRoles;

Select * from aspnet_WebEvent_Events;

All the tables ABOVE have no rows i.e empty, besides the table below has 6 rows affected:

Select * from aspnet_SchemaVersions;

Result: 

Feature CompatibleSchemaVersion iscurrenVersion

Common 1 1

health monitoring 1 1

etc.

Do you think that it's because all the tables (besides SchemaVersions)  are empty, even the aspnet_Users is empty???

What should I do with these empty tables??

Thanks in advance!

Monday, March 3, 2008 2:43 PM