'SQL Server PowerPivot Service Application' not in the list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm wondering why "SQL Server PowerPivot Service Application" is not in my service application list when I'm trying to create a new one.. Did I miss something? Any ideas please? Thank you!

Regards, Glenn

Monday, June 2, 2014 4:34 AM

Answers

• It will be on the SharePoint server where you have installed the PowerPivot System Instance or if you are using a separate box for the PowerPivot instance that does not run SharePoint, the spPowerPivot.msi tools.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by sg_07 Monday, June 2, 2014 7:40 AM
    Monday, June 2, 2014 4:57 AM

All replies

• Did you run the PowerPivot Configuration Tool for SharePoint 2013?

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, June 2, 2014 4:35 AM
  • Hi Trevor,

Not yet.. Do you have any idea how to do that? Thanks

Regards, Glenn

Monday, June 2, 2014 4:56 AM
  • It will be on the SharePoint server where you have installed the PowerPivot System Instance or if you are using a separate box for the PowerPivot instance that does not run SharePoint, the spPowerPivot.msi tools.

Trevor Seward

• Marked as answer by sg_07 Monday, June 2, 2014 7:40 AM
    Monday, June 2, 2014 4:57 AM
  • Thanks Trevor!

Installed it in the server and everything worked fine. Thanks a lot!

Regards, Glenn

Monday, June 2, 2014 7:41 AM