I cannot upload large file to Azure Strorage RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer on my Windows 10 desktop. But I find I cannot upload large files to the cloud.

I find the speed keeps 0B/s, finally I always get the same error :Uploading from 'G:\Precision 3510 Win 7 Field Image-00-00.mrimg' to 'Precision 3510 Win 7 Field Image-00-00.mrimg' Fatal error in child process: Array buffer allocation failed (4.00MB of 29.52GB (speed: 0B/s, average: 6.62KB/s))

Is there any idea?

Friday, May 5, 2017 10:04 PM

All replies

• To clarify: May I know the size of the file and format/extension of the file?

What is the version of storage explorer?

Can you try to upload small file like 5MB and let me know the status?

Refer here for limits of Azure Storage upload

Saturday, May 6, 2017 5:27 PM
  • May I know the size of the file and format/extension of the file?    -- I tried to upload a 578MB .PST file, but fell. At the first I can get some upload speed, but after a few seconds, the speed drop to 0 and give this error alert: Uploading from 'C:\Users\aliu\Documents\Outlook Files\Ziko_Rajabali_backup.pst' to 'Outlook Files/Outlook Files/Ziko_Rajabali_backup.pst' Fatal error in child process: Array buffer allocation failed (12.00MB of 573.03MB (speed: 0B/s, average: 19.57KB/s).  I got this error whenever I tried to every upload large file.

What is the version of storage explorer? -- version 0.8.12

Can you try to upload small file like 5MB and let me know the status?  -- I can upload 5MB file normally. Once the size is bigger than 100 MB, I cannot upload. 
    Monday, May 8, 2017 3:05 PM
  • I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you resolved it?
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:53 PM
  • I am having the same issue, and this worked a few weeks ago.  Any progress on a resolution?

Michael Fraser

Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:33 PM
  • if i do it from Windows 7 it works perfectly, however if i do it from windows 10 doesn't work.
    Friday, May 12, 2017 12:54 PM
  • Could you all try to update your MS Azure Storage Explorer software to v0.8.13 and try uploading the same files again as the new version has fixed the file upload issues.
    Feel free to report back if you still run into any errors.
    • Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:59 AM
    Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:04 AM
  • I'm using v0.8.13 and I'm still getting a lot of Array buffer allocation failed errors, so this is not fixed in the new version. I am uploading files of exactly 1GB from Windows Server 2008.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:14 PM
  • @MBIdev Could you share the exact error message?
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 3:00 AM
  • I had the exact same issue when uploading large PST files in Azure Storage Explorer v. 0.8.13. What I found was that I could successfully upload them when I uploaded the folder that they were in. Click Upload > Upload Folder...
    Monday, June 19, 2017 1:19 PM
  • I am using storage explorer 0.8.15 and I have the same problem of uploads going to 0/Bs. It happens both on windows 10 and server 2016. I am uploading a 3gb file so well within any Azure storage limits. it uploads 300-700MB and then stops. I don't see any errors but it just stops uploading.
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 10:06 PM
  • I think it takes system resources and ram as a main parameter. thats why its getting failing in win 10
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Have you tried the upload on a different network since it might be a local issue? In the meantime, you can use the AzCopy tool for uploading blobs to the storage account.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 10:31 AM