SharePoint 2007 OOTB Workflow : workflow do not stop after the workflow is rejected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm working on SharePoint 2007 OOTB approval workflow, it is a very simple workflow, where submitter create page and submit for approval, approver will later has the privilege to approve or reject the page.

In one of the scenario, submitter submit for approval --> approver REJECTED the page, the page status (from "Page Editing Toolbar") was still stated "Checked in and viewable for authorized user" instead of "Rejected". It seem like the workflow is not stop but still perform some activities.

I check the workflow history notice there are some additional events happened after the task completed.

Normally when the page is rejected during the workflow, workflow history captured and it is stopped at "Task Completed".

Below is the print screen from the workflow history, due to sensitive data, the username was replaced by Submitter and Approver.

The situation above was very rare and I was unable to simulate the event.

My question is what is the two activities ("Comment" and "Workflow Completed") after "Task Completed"? and what is the possible action may lead to the activities happen?

Please help, thank you in advanced.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:14 AM

All replies

• While creating a OOTB approval workflow, there is a section 'Post Completion workflow activities'. Check whether you have enabled or disabled it. You are getting this Comment and Workflow Completed after Task Completed as you have checked this option while creating the Approval Workflow
    Shubham Goyal
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:30 PM
  • Hi,

Check if timer services are running properly or not also track this workflow in trace.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:42 PM
  • Hi Rashu,

the issue very rare and not always happen (about once a month), so it is difficult to track it on time. 

How can I trace the workflow? 

Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:53 AM
  • Hi,

When the workflow fails note down the time and check ULS logs around that time.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:54 AM