none
Wrong language RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed Small Basic 9 times.  Each time it installs in a different language.  I've gotten French, Russian, Portugese, etc.  It has yet to install in English.  

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 12:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Check out this thread, it looks like a Windows 7 issue, with fixes in the pipeline, and a workaround suggested (last post in this thread).

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/smallbasic/thread/4deb1324-db0b-460d-8781-f2b75d1b0c1f

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 12:44 AM
  • Find the Small Basic folder under Start / All Programs. Inside it is a subfolder called Localized, containing shortcuts to all the localized versions. The reason different language versions come up in the main Start menu is that Windows seems to be randomly choosing a localized version.

Right-click and delete the Localized folder, leaving 'Microsoft Small Basic' and 'Introducing Small Basic.pdf' (assuming you don't need the extra versions) and it should work.

Actually, if your preferred language isn't English I'd test the 'Microsoft Small Basic' link in the main folder and make sure it's the right one before deleting the rest. The point is to get rid of all the localizations you don't want.

• Proposed as answer by pauls101 Sunday, May 16, 2010 4:18 AM
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 4:18 AM