none
Tracking multiple users with Kinect. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm hoping to design a Kinect game in the near-future, but am hitting some stumbling blocks with my research.

I'm aware of the two skeleton limit, and the single point tracking for additional users, but I'm having trouble finding details for my options with those additional users.

I was wondering if it is possible to track the depth of users 3 through 6 with Kinect. 

Also, it says in the docs that I will get a player mask & centre position for those users. Is it safe to assume that the center position is defined by the player mask? 

For context, I want to make a 4 player game that can tell if users are close or far from the sensor, and weather they are crouching or jumping. I'm hoping that with the centre positions, I'll be able to see if a player is crouched or jumping. 

One more thing: Is the player mask its self a type of data I can use? (Say, to check if a person's mask is crouched down, or standing)

Thanks in advance. I don't have a Kinect yet, otherwise I would experiment first-hand. I'm just trying to gauge the depth of the water before I dive in.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:59 PM

All replies