Impossibe to use SQLite in .NET Compact Framework RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I want to use SQLite DB in my .NET Compact Framework project, but it is not possible to include SQLite.Interop.060.DLL assembly.

"A reference to 'SQLite.Interop.060.DLL' could not be added." error message occures.

According to manual, it is necessary to include assemlies to both SQLite.Interop.060.DLL and System.Data.SQLite.dll for usage SQLite in .NET Compact Framework.

If I include only System.Data.SQLite.dll, it is not running because of Deployment and/or registration failed with error: 0x8973190e:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobiledev/thread/5b97d9c1-218a-427e-9ae3-4cd5bbae8b15

I use the latest version of SQLite assemblies 1.0.60.0

How do you guys use SQLite in your .NET CF? Have you any idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you.
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:11 AM

Answers

• There are 2 problems.
    1. You are likely using desktop dll. You need to use one from CompactFramework directory.
    2. You need to add reference to System.Data.SqlLite.dll. The other DLL needs to be added to the project as content and in its properties you need to set "Content" and "Copy always"

Following these 2 steps let me use SQLite in a test project succesfully.

Alex Feinman. MVP .NET Compact Framework
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 6:58 AM

All replies

• Any suggestions?
    Friday, April 17, 2009 3:17 PM
  • How about contacting SQLite manufacturer for help and support on SQLite?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, April 17, 2009 4:11 PM
  • There are 2 problems.
    1. You are likely using desktop dll. You need to use one from CompactFramework directory.
    2. You need to add reference to System.Data.SqlLite.dll. The other DLL needs to be added to the project as content and in its properties you need to set "Content" and "Copy always"

Following these 2 steps let me use SQLite in a test project succesfully.

Alex Feinman. MVP .NET Compact Framework
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 6:58 AM
  • Thank you Alex, this is working.
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 10:16 AM