none
Printing does not complete if try to print while print layout is still rendering - Report viewer control RRS feed

• Question

• In our windows forms application we use report viewer control to render the reports. If the reports are too big to render, whole tool bar of report viewer control is disabled until complete rendering is done.

However after report rendering is done, I choose print layout, while print layout is rendering I see the tool bar is disabled, but it is enabled once the layout has started displaying and still continues rendering. At this point if I click on print (icon on tool bar), eventually print stops abruptly after few pages and fialed to continue to finish.

Does anyone face this problem? is it purely a problem with control? what I can I do to make them print to completion.

BTW we still VS 2005 and SQL Server 2005

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:17 PM

All replies

• Try trapping the RenderingComplete event and see if the buttons are coming active before the RenderingComplete event fires. Depending on what you find, you may need to disable the toolbar in your code until the rendering is really competed.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:20 PM