Accidentally format eBox local disk, cannot boot RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to install XP Embedded (XPe) in eBox 3310A. After I created my XPe image, I used DOS bootable USB flashdisk to erase all data in eBox internal storage, but I can't use del command for deleting folders (I don't know why), so I formated the disk. At the end, of course I managed to erase all data there. Then I move on to copying my XPe images from my flashdisk to eBox local storage (containing ntdetect and such), . But when I try to boot it, BIOS said "non-system disk or disk error".

I guess, now the internal storage is not the MBR. So, what can I do to make MBR there? I've tried using FDISK, but somehow my FDISK doesn't understand /mbr switch.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Saturday, May 14, 2011 3:47 AM

Answers

• I've found a way: using UFDprep.exe from FP2007

I just sometimes deal with code, but it getting often now..
    • Marked as answer by wirosableng Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:56 AM
    Monday, May 16, 2011 6:37 PM

All replies

• When you formated  the internal disk with MS-DOS, the boot sector is now a DOS boot sector looking for MS-DOS. You should create a small XPE USB Bootable image so you can boot off the flash disk and format the internal flash disk.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 7:22 AM
  • can you show me how to make it?
    I have tried to make my USB flash disk bootable, and copy XPE Image files there, but eBox's BIOS won't boot it as well.
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 9:21 AM
  • I've found a way: using UFDprep.exe from FP2007

I just sometimes deal with code, but it getting often now..
    • Marked as answer by wirosableng Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:56 AM
    Monday, May 16, 2011 6:37 PM