Couldn't lauch Simulator in VS 2012 Ultimate edition

Question

• Hi,

Created a small application in in VS 2012 in Metro UI.It seems simulator is hanging and couldn't load the simulatort.I works well when I try to launch application in local machine.

On checking windows event log the error was

The program Microsoft.Windows.Simulator.exe version 11.0.50727.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.

The program Microsoft.Windows.Simulator.exe version 11.0.50727.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 228c

Start Time: 01cdb54651edeae3

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Simulator\11.0\Microsoft.Windows.Simulator.exe

Report Id: d2ddeca6-2139-11e2-bea0-002713aae605

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Can anyone let me know how to fix this issue.

Many thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,

Zainu

Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am not able to start my windows simulator..Its in loading stage..No updates after tat ..I didnt see any tng in Event viewer too..Any help?

Thanks & Regards, Prabhu R

Sunday, November 04, 2012 3:11 AM
  • I had the same problem. I tried a solution from forums about setting a registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ TerminalServer \ fDenyChildConnections to 1. But that didn't work for me.

I realized eventually that having an open connection to my work VPN was causing the problem. So if I close that connection, the problem is solved.

I hope that helps.

Regards.

Gerardo Melendrez

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:17 AM
  • hi! ZaiNu

I have same problem,Can you help me?

Thursday, February 07, 2013 2:57 AM
  • Same here: Visual Studio Express 2012 device selector works.

On same machine: Visual Studio Professional 2012 device selector throws error: Expection has been thrown by the target of an invocation. when clicking on the "Simulation dashboard" button in Visual Studio toolbar.

www.goldengel.ch

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:29 AM