none
Macro or Add in for Outlook Customer Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find someone to build a macro or add in for me within Outlook Customer Manager. When a custom button is clicked, I need it to create a series of tasks that are associated with that customers profile. I created two custom buttons within Outlook Customer Managers contact profile

When button 1 is clicked, it should create a new series of 8 outlook tasks associated with that customer. Each task needs to be scheduled one week out from each other. In other words, when this button is clicked I need a reminder to follow up with this customer once a week from the date the button is clicked.

When button 2 is clicked it will create 8 new tasks but each task would be 45 days apart from one another. In other words, I need a reminder to follow up with this customer 8 times in a year (or every 45 days) from the date the button is clicked. 

For button 1:  

Task #1 would be titled 8x8 and include which number in the series of 8 and have the customers first and last name and scheduled one week out. i.e. "8x8 #1 John Dow"

Task #2 would be titled 8x8 #2 John Dow but scheduled two weeks out. 

Task #3 would be 8x8 #3 John Dow and scheduled three weeks out. 

And so on until week number 8. 

For button 2

Task #1 would be titled 33Touch and include which number in the series of 8 and have the customers first and last name and scheduled 45 days out: i.e. "33Touch #1 John Dow"

Task #2 would be titled "33Touch #2 John Dow" but scheduled 90 days out.  

Task #3 would be "33Touch #3 John Dow but scheduled 135 days out.  

And so on until number 8. 

A couple of important points:

1. Tasks need to show up under the customer name in Outlook Customer Manager as well as the My Tasks list.

2. Our customers in Outlook Customer Manager are shared with the team in our business. Tasks for shared customers need to be viewable by the team if the buttons is clicked to share them. Customer that are shared, need to have tasks that are viewable by the rest of the team members.

I am assuming these points will just happen but I want to make sure they this will work as it is important functionality for us. 

I have the following pictures to further describe but wasn't able to upload at this time.

Picture #1 shows where the Outlook Customer Manager is located.

Picture #2 shows where the custom button is located. It is called 8x8.

Picture #3 shows where you select the custom button within the profile of the customer. 

Picture #4 shows the fields that would need to be auto populated for each task. Task #1 in this picture is showing the task being scheduled one week from todays date. 

Picture #5 shows task 2 needing to be scheduled for two weeks out from todays date. 

Picture #6 shows that all 8 tasks are created under the profile for this customer. 

If anyone is able to help me create this or point me in the direction of where I could get the help to create this, I would appreciate it very much. Have a great day!

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 9:50 PM