none
Including a lib in a dll

Question

• When building my project, it "Cannot open include file: 'al.h': No such file or directory"

Visual Studio's intellisense seems to recognize the file's inclusion, and if I right-click on the include statement, it will allow me to open the proper file.

The al.h file exists in a directory pointed to by one of the project's Property Pages. (C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenAL 1.1 SDK\include)

Project Property Page:

<ItemDefinitionGroup>
        <Link>
          <AdditionalLibraryDirectories>C:\Program Files %28x86%29\OpenAL 1.1 SDK\libs\Win64;C:\Program Files %28x86%29\OpenAL 1.1 SDK\libs\Win64\EFX-Util_MTDLL;%(AdditionalLibraryDirectories)</AdditionalLibraryDirectories>
          <AdditionalDependencies>OpenAL32.lib;%(AdditionalDependencies)</AdditionalDependencies>
        </Link>
        <ClCompile>
          <AdditionalIncludeDirectories>C:\Program Files %28x86%29\OpenAL 1.1 SDK\include;%(AdditionalIncludeDirectories)</AdditionalIncludeDirectories>
        </ClCompile>
      </ItemDefinitionGroup>

• Edited by Erpberger Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:03 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:29 AM

Answers

• Try opening the main Project Properties (right-click the project in Solution Explorer, etc.), then select the required configuration and platform (or all of them), then go to Additional Include Directories and select “<inherit from parent or project defaults>” from combobox.

• Marked as answer by Erpberger Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 5:33 AM

All replies

• Also, this is a dll project which is including the files.  So, I'm not really including a dll, I'm including a lib from a dll.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:03 AM
  • Try opening the main Project Properties (right-click the project in Solution Explorer, etc.), then select the required configuration and platform (or all of them), then go to Additional Include Directories and select “<inherit from parent or project defaults>” from combobox.

• Marked as answer by Erpberger Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 5:33 AM
  • Awesome, thanks.  Indeed, the projects aren't inheriting properties correctly.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:07 AM