none
Registering VB 2008 Express Edition

Question

• I have recently installed a copy of VB 2008 on my Windows XP machine. I would like some serial keys (and ONLY serial keys) so I can register the product. I have first ran it 3 days ago, and have 27 days left (as of creating this question).

Thanks,

-CTECH 9

Thursday, January 05, 2017 8:45 PM

All replies

•  There are only two ways to register VS2008 since it is so old and MS does not support VS2008 anymore.  The first is to Download the complete VS2008 ISO,  Burn the ISO to a CD/DVD using something like ImgBurn or similar ,  and then install it from the CD/DVD.  Then it does not require to be registered.  However,  i am only aware of a few links to the VS2008 Express (Free) versions that still exist.  Below is a direct link to the VS2008 Express download.

VS2008 Express ISO Download

I normally would not mention the second way but,  i have seen a moderator of this forum suggest this recently so,  i guess i can too.  You can modify the Registry Key so that it does not need to be registered.  See THIS Youtube video which shows how.

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

• Proposed as answer by Frank L. Smith Thursday, January 05, 2017 10:19 PM
    Thursday, January 05, 2017 9:53 PM
  • Hi Awesomesauce237,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Is there any update about this question? Have you registered the VS 2008 successfully?

Would you mind sharing us your result here? 

If you think IronRazerz's reply is helpful, please mark it as answer. It will benefit other members who encounter similar question.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:56 AM