Testing a Windows Store App on another PC

Question

• Hello everyone, I'm developing a Windows Store game that I have to test from client side, since it is going to offer a multiplayer live mode.

So I need to run at least two instances of this game, but I doubt I can do this on Windows 8 as this is an "app" (and not a desktop application).

I actually own another Windows 8 PC, which I can run the second instance on, but I can't build the setup packets for my app because I haven't bought a Microsoft developer license yet...

Is there any solution beside installing VS on the second PC and running from the source project?

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance!

Monday, January 20, 2014 11:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jasper,

I think this thread is related to tools for store app. So I will move this thread directly into that forum for more effective response. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:44 AM
  • Developer licences are free. See Get a developer license . This is different from the developer account needed to publish your app in the store.

See Debugging and testing on Windows RT PCs for instructions on how to debug and test on non VS system. While that page targets Windows RT the general overview is the same for Windows 8, except that you'll build for x86 or x64 rather than for arm.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Jasper91 Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:19 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:19 AM
  • Ok, thank you mr. Rob Caplan!

If anyone is interested, here is a link:

How to deploy a Windows 8 app to another device for testing

• Marked as answer by Jasper91 Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:19 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:19 PM