none
How can I download an entitled product after my subscription expires? RRS feed

• Question

• Unfortunately I recently had to rebuild my Windows computer, only to find that I no longer had the installation download of VS 2010 Ultimate.

I have my license key that is still valid but when I login to msdn downloads I find that I can no longer download due to my subscription being expired.

Please can somebody help with how I can download the product that I'm entitled to use.

If it helps, I was a bispark subscriber.

Many thanks

Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:56 PM

Answers

• Hey Ryan,

sorry about this.  I don't know of a way that you can get access to Subscriber Downloads again after your subscription expires, at least through Microsoft.  You may be able to get help through bizspark support, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to assist you.  you can reach out to them via bizspark@microsoft.com.

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Friday, May 31, 2013 2:19 PM
  • I found that Microsoft have a free trial download of VS 2012 and I also had a license key for that which has worked for me.

It would be useful if Microsoft would continue to provide the download links for msdn downloads even out of subscription, as they do your license keys.

Thank you for your response Mike.

Ryan

Ryan

• Marked as answer by Ryan O'Dell Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:11 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hey Ryan,

sorry about this.  I don't know of a way that you can get access to Subscriber Downloads again after your subscription expires, at least through Microsoft.  You may be able to get help through bizspark support, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to assist you.  you can reach out to them via bizspark@microsoft.com.

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Friday, May 31, 2013 2:19 PM
  • I found that Microsoft have a free trial download of VS 2012 and I also had a license key for that which has worked for me.

It would be useful if Microsoft would continue to provide the download links for msdn downloads even out of subscription, as they do your license keys.

Thank you for your response Mike.

Ryan

Ryan

• Marked as answer by Ryan O'Dell Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:11 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:11 PM