Issue displaying modified custom font (.ttf) in Windows 8 Application RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings! I'm working on a e-book reader and I need to display custom fonts. I can display them without any trouble but the problem happens when I tried displaying a font that was modified with FontLab software in order to change some of the characters. The fonts works and installs in Windows 8 and I can view the characters correctly in different Text Editors(Word,WordPad) but when trying to use the font in my aplication it does not work and it goes to the defaults character for UI Segoi. I have used other customs fonts in my app but the modified one doesnt seem to work. 

Has anybody else ever had this issue? 

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, January 9, 2014 5:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can package the modified custom font into your app to see whether the problem can occur. Once a font is packaged with your app, the font will be placed in your apps private directory when it is deployed. After that, only your app will be able to use the font. Refer to the link:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/pakistan/archive/2013/05/27/using-custom-fonts-in-windows-store-applications.aspx

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, January 10, 2014 5:39 AM
  • The font is already inside the Solution, and i have added other fonts that display without problem. The problem with this one specifically is that it was a custom font that was modified with FontLab to change some characters. They have exported the font in .otf format in the beginning. Now they used FontLab to open the .otf font and change it to .ttf   (It isntalls correctly in Windows and displays in Text Editors, but inside the app it doesnt work)

Thanks for you time!

Friday, January 10, 2014 12:58 PM
  • Hi,

can you share a project to skyDrive?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:59 AM