none
Process 4010 and 5010 X12 834 documents for the same ISA identifiers in Biztalk 2010. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  

I am facing an issue, where I have to process 4010 and 5010 X12 834 documents for the same ISA identifiers in Biztalk 2010. Do you have any solution on this?

Thanks,

Imran  

Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:09 PM

Answers

• Thanks Boatseller for your quick response.

These two schemas are customized schemas and their namespaces are different for both the versions, but we have target namespace option in local host setting which is not mandatory.

My message type is as below

And yes both the version of files are coming from the same trading partners. We have several trading partners which will use these two versions of schemas.

Thanks,

Imran

Friday, June 27, 2014 10:21 PM
  • Hi Boatseller,

It worked for me by keeping the schema namespace same for both the versions. But I don't have control in generating the 997 ack version. By default it is generating Ack ISA segment with version 5010 in case of both the 4010 and 5010 834 inbound documents, because the partner is configured with Ack envelope settings for 5010, whereas I have to generate different Ack versions for both the 5010(999) and 4010(997).

Thanks 

Imran 

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:20 PM
  • Glad that worked out.  Since this is a different issue, I suggest you mark this thread Answered and start a new thread with this question.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 10:57 PM

All replies

• Can you provide a little more information about what your roadblock is? You should be able to setup two receive locations with EDI Disassemblers for each version of the 834.
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:58 PM
  • What problem are you having? On the receive, this shouldn't be a problem since the schema resolution is done by ST03 or GS08 + ST01 by default and by ST03 + special values for the 837.

So, you should be able to receive multiple versions without any trouble.  It's only sending that I've had a problem in this area because you can specify only one ISA12 value per Agreement.

It's important to note that ISA12 is the version of the ISA segment only.  It has no bearing on the transactions contained in the interchange.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:19 PM
  • Hi Sean,

I have to configure a party to receive both 834 5010 and 4010 documents which have the same identifiers. I have two separate receive locations for receiving 5010 and 4010 documents. I am stuck in creating a single party which can accept this both formats.

Thanks 

Imran

Friday, June 27, 2014 3:00 PM
  • Hi Boatseller,

I have to configure a party to receive both 834 5010 and 4010 documents which have the same identifiers. I have two separate receive locations for receiving 5010 and 4010 documents. I am stuck in creating a single party which can accept this both formats.

Thanks 

Imran

Friday, June 27, 2014 3:01 PM
  • Why do you need two separate Agreements?

You also can use the same Receive Location if you want.  Party & Schema resolution for the 834 is no different that any other X12 transaction.

Friday, June 27, 2014 3:38 PM
  • Hi Sean

I am working on a project where we are processing inbound X12 834 5010 and X12 834 4010 documents using BizTalk 2010. 

We have setup the parties, which send either 4010 or 5010 documents. Now, few of the parties have started sending both types of documents (4010 and 5010) and the document has same identifiers.

I am facing an issue in configuring party to receive both 834 4010 and 5010 transactions using same identifier. How do I setup the party in such case?

Thanks Imran

Friday, June 27, 2014 4:55 PM
  • Can you describe why you are trying to configure different Agreements?

Again, you do not need different Parties/Profiles or Agreements for different X12 standards versions.

A single Agreement can process any combination of transactions and versions.

Friday, June 27, 2014 5:21 PM
  • Thanks Boatseller,

Yes that's correct, I have created just one agreement. But while setting up party values for transactions/envelope/ and local host details in party setting, it does not take values as the identifiers and ST and GS values are same, the only difference is in the target namespace and the version. 

Friday, June 27, 2014 8:54 PM
  • Yes, I see what you're saying.  The Local Host Settings list does not have a field for version, but all that means is the two versions of the 834 Schema need to have the same namespace.  For example:

would be your BizTalk message types.

There's no way around that.  But if the two are from the same Trading Partner, the namespace really should be the same anyway.

In fact, you could use that same namespace across all Trading Partners for HIPAA transactions since modifications are not permitted.

Friday, June 27, 2014 9:59 PM
  • Thanks Boatseller for your quick response.

These two schemas are customized schemas and their namespaces are different for both the versions, but we have target namespace option in local host setting which is not mandatory.

My message type is as below

And yes both the version of files are coming from the same trading partners. We have several trading partners which will use these two versions of schemas.

Thanks,

Imran

Friday, June 27, 2014 10:21 PM
  • So, you got it working?

Just FYI, the Target Namespace on the Local Host Settings field is actually required, but can be blank to represent the 'empty' namespace.  This is not at all useful, but technically possible.

It's still not clear why you are using different namespaces.  One namespace in this case is how this is designed to work.  Using arbitrarily different namespaces for different transactions doesn't really get you anything because they're already different by virtue of the root node name.

Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:56 AM
  • Thanks boatseller.

My problem is still not solved.

The reason I have different namespaces is because these are customised schemas, and these are to be deployed on the shared infrastructure where we already have other customised and base 834 schema. I will check if keeping the same customzed namespace names for both the versions work. Thanks again.. I really appreciate your inputs..

Saturday, June 28, 2014 5:22 PM
  • If these two versions of the 834 are limited to this one Trading Partner, then yes, you would just need to use the same namespace for these two transactions for this Trading Partner.

All other versions, with their own namespace, is perfectly fine.

Saturday, June 28, 2014 6:00 PM
  • Hi Boatseller,

It worked for me by keeping the schema namespace same for both the versions. But I don't have control in generating the 997 ack version. By default it is generating Ack ISA segment with version 5010 in case of both the 4010 and 5010 834 inbound documents, because the partner is configured with Ack envelope settings for 5010, whereas I have to generate different Ack versions for both the 5010(999) and 4010(997).

Thanks 

Imran 

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:20 PM
  • Glad that worked out.  Since this is a different issue, I suggest you mark this thread Answered and start a new thread with this question.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 10:57 PM