none
Target PC won't install my VB 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• 

My VB 2010 Express program uses Microsoft Power Packs for the printing portions of the program. How can I build the installation that will include the power packs. This same program installed okay on the target PCs  prior to adding the printing; however now the installation errors with "The application requires that assembly Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs Version 10.0.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first."

In my development PC, the power pack is included in the  Project REFERENCES.  What am I missing so that I can install the program on several other PC s that do not have the VB development software.
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 2:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I (in some my apps) use Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks (version 12.0.0.0) and
    set True to Copy Local.

If you do the above and see the same errors, please provide what you use for creating an installer. 

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

• Edited by Ashidacchi Tuesday, March 3, 2020 4:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Martin R P Saturday, March 14, 2020 3:43 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 4:47 AM
  • Hello,

If the power pack needs to be installed in the GAC then you will need a installer that provides this functionality. None that I can recommend as all current installers will not work with VS 2010 but surely there are some out there.

Otherwise you would use copy local as per Asdidacchi's reply.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Martin R P Saturday, March 14, 2020 3:44 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I (in some my apps) use Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks (version 12.0.0.0) and
    set True to Copy Local.

If you do the above and see the same errors, please provide what you use for creating an installer. 

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

• Edited by Ashidacchi Tuesday, March 3, 2020 4:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Martin R P Saturday, March 14, 2020 3:43 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 4:47 AM
  • Hello,

If the power pack needs to be installed in the GAC then you will need a installer that provides this functionality. None that I can recommend as all current installers will not work with VS 2010 but surely there are some out there.

Otherwise you would use copy local as per Asdidacchi's reply.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Martin R P Saturday, March 14, 2020 3:44 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 11:33 AM