none
windows container mount D: from E:\volume_d can not install package on specify path with space RRS feed

• Question

• I want to install vs2013 with <BundleCustomizations TargetDir="D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0" NoWeb="yes"/> in the container, which runs with docker run --name test -v e:\volume_d:d: -it microsoft/windowsservercore powershell, but it was failed. The log says "ExecuteError: Package (vc_compilercore86) failed: Error Message Id: 1324 ErrorMessage: Error 1324.The folder path 'Program Files (x86)' contains an invalid character.". But it can install on "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0" properly. And this also happen when i install java like "Start-Process .\jdk-7u71-windows-x64.exe -ArgumentList '/s INSTALLDIR="D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_71" /INSTALLDIRPUBJRE="""D:\Program Files\Java\jre7""" /L java.log' -wait" , it failed with "Product: Java SE Development Kit 7 Update 71 (64-bit) -- Error 1324.The path Program Files contains an invalid character." And can be install properly with "Start-Process .\jdk-7u71-windows-x64.exe -ArgumentList '/s INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_71" /INSTALLDIRPUBJRE="""C:\Program Files\Java\jre7""" /L java.log' -wait"
    Friday, October 28, 2016 9:36 AM

All replies

• Haven't encountered this kind of error myself, but just to carry on your work without waiting for a solution long, given you are "running a container", what is stopping you just use container drive c:\? Visual Studio or Java or Python, these are the "environment" for your "code", so install those into C:\, and map volume of your "code" into container as other drive letters if you insist. Hope this make a bit sense to you.
    Monday, October 31, 2016 11:23 AM