Become IT Service Management Architect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Need your Advise. Am currently in pursuit of college degree ICT with specialization in IT Service Management. My technical experience encompasses mostly (multi)LAN/WAN Administration, Design and Security. Have over the years achieved multiple certifications. Would like to grow to become a Business Information Security Architect aka BISA. What is the best way to achieve this goal?

• Edited by This One Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:00 PM
    Friday, April 22, 2011 8:57 AM

Answers

• Being better than others at knowing what information "really"  is seems critical before working on ways to protect it.  two examples: (A) a new form of security is developed. IT staff in company A posts an overview in a security forum in MSDN, but company 'b' decides to leverage it as part of a marketing strategy. Maybe there should be a test before posting: 'what is the guy down the street doing that I am not doing, that may lower my company's status or market share or client base?'(B) What's out there that can morph into what constitutes a "leak" without anyone knowing it.  Put up a secure extranet for company "A", and then add a discussion forum for the sales staff.  A discussion thread on a customer complaint on almost anything seems to me be potential threat:  morphs from being a heads up from one sales rep to another, into a potential source of leverage for company b, if 'b' happens to be agressive and nosing around your extranets. Bottom line, again, is 'what is information." Can't say this point is more critical than knowing when to use 443 or pgp, but I'd guess the security analyst that blows this off 100% will be putting out fires on a related issue at some point.

• Marked as answer by This One Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:58 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:54 PM