none
Custom Resolver not appearing in the ESB 2.2 itinerary designer

Question

• Hi,

I am using BizTalk ESB 2.2 version. I have successfully created Custom Itinerary messaging service for tracking BAM data. To customize the BAM Activity selection I have created Custom resolver class with all the required Resolver extender and Resolver extender provider classes. I have GACed the dll of this project (which contains resolver classes) . I have added this resolver in the ESB.config similar to that I did it for Itinerary messaging service. I am able to view Custom Itinerary messaging service in the service name section of Itinerary service however I am not able to view my custom resolver in the resolver implementaion selection when I add a new resolver.

Could you please help me in trubleshooting this issue.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:56 PM

Answers

• This is the lib folder for ESB 2.2:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft.Practices.Services.Itinerary.DslPackage\Lib

• Proposed as answer by SatishK_Reddy Wednesday, October 2, 2013 6:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Monday, October 7, 2013 9:54 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 5:46 PM

All replies

• Did you copy the resolver extender to the Lib folder(s) for the Itinerary Designer? (path in 2010 was: 
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit 2.1\Tools\Itinerary Designer\Lib, and also C:\Users\USER_NAME_HERE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions\Microsoft\BizTalk ESB Toolkit Itinerary Designer\2.1.0.0\Lib). Don't have my box handy to check for the 2013 path, but it is likely very similar.

Without access to that extender the designer won't be able to properly display the properties of the resolver.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:14 PM
  • Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

In my virtual machine I am using Biztalk 2013 and ESB2.2. In my VM after C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit  I could not find Tools folder.

And also C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\Extensions I could not find any similar folders to copy the resolver extender as mentioned above.

Could you please guide me whether I have missed anything during installation and configuration.

Friday, September 27, 2013 7:36 AM
  • This is the lib folder for ESB 2.2:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft.Practices.Services.Itinerary.DslPackage\Lib

• Proposed as answer by SatishK_Reddy Wednesday, October 2, 2013 6:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Monday, October 7, 2013 9:54 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 5:46 PM
  • Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

Now I am able to view the custom resolver I have developed in my Itinerary. In my system I could find the path only upto C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions after that I have created folders manually till Lib and copied my Custom resolver dll . It worked fine!!

Thanks for your help!!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Hi Nick,

I had the same problem and when we installed the BizTalk 2013, the itinerary designer extension for visual studio is not visible. To fix this we ran the devenv.exe /setup as mentioned in many articles.

This fix made the designer extension visible in visual studio but we are not getting the library folders as you mentioned under visual studio 11. 

Can you help what went wrong with this?

Thanks,

Satish.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 6:28 AM