2 Applications map to same web service RRS feed

• Question

• User-468333257 posted

I have 2 Console applications, ConsoleApp1(Production App) and ConsoleApp1(TestNew App).  They are created from the same Solution Name Soln1.sln and have referenced to the same web service endpoint.

Let's say I build both projects and deploy them in ProductionApp folder and NewApp folder, and run both concurrently at the same time, cam they work?

The reason I need to run both at the same time is because one console application is currently in Production.

We need to test our application ConsoleApp1(TestNewApp) in the same production environment

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:01 PM

Answers

• User260886948 posted

Hi,

I have test it in my compter. It can work well.

So please just try it. If you meet any problem, please post here.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, November 8, 2013 12:56 AM
  • User-488622176 posted

They will. As you reference web services, your dev environment will generate source code proxies. However, when you compile you get one binary. Both console apps will result in different binaries. The binaries will use the config settings from the app.config file. However, this file takes the same name as the console binary after compilation. As you do not have any physical relations/collisions between the two console apps it will work.

Friday, November 8, 2013 6:14 AM

All replies

• User-1623675128 posted

Hi, I dont see any issue for any reason as per my understanding as you are going to dploy in two different folders with two different builds for each versioin of the code. should work I would wonder if not.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 10:58 PM
  • User260886948 posted

Hi,

I have test it in my compter. It can work well.

So please just try it. If you meet any problem, please post here.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

Friday, November 8, 2013 12:56 AM
  • User-488622176 posted

They will. As you reference web services, your dev environment will generate source code proxies. However, when you compile you get one binary. Both console apps will result in different binaries. The binaries will use the config settings from the app.config file. However, this file takes the same name as the console binary after compilation. As you do not have any physical relations/collisions between the two console apps it will work.

Friday, November 8, 2013 6:14 AM