none
Where is the table border width (wx:bdrwidth) stored in the OpenXML format? RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings!

So I created a table with a bottom border of thickness "3" and saved it in the Word 2003 XML (e.g. wordML) format, and this is the relevant part of the WordML (notice specifically this part wx:bdrwidth="60") :

<w:tblBorders>

<w:top w:val="single" w:sz="24" wx:bdrwidth="60" w:space="0" w:color="000000"/>

<w:bottom w:val="single" w:sz="24" wx:bdrwidth="60" w:space="0" w:color="000000"/>

</w:tblBorders>

Now when I do the same exact thing in Word 2010 and save it in OpenXML, the relevant part of the OpenXML looks like:

<w:tblBorders>

<w:top w:val="single" w:sz="24" w:space="0" w:color="000000"/>

<w:bottom w:val="single" w:sz="24" w:space="0" w:color="000000"/>

</w:tblBorders>

So as you can see above, there is no  wx:bdrwidth="60". So where is the border width stored?!

So I inspected the entire open XML output and couldn't find where it stores the border width information.  Am I missing something?  Can someone please point me in the direction of where this information is stored, I need to do an XSLT to HTML and I need to know the border widths to render appropriately but can't find them.

Thank you in advance,

Khalid K.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:14 PM

Answers