none
Where can I get xperf whatever wpt or adk for the old versions, especially the win7 and xp? RRS feed

• Question

• 1. I need xperf for windows 7 and windows xp. wpt or adk should be fixed, I don't care the install source.

2. But I don't know where I can download them. YongRhee told me the url of win7 sdk,but it is invalid. msdn told me that AIK might similar with adk, but I saw no xperf in the AIK of win7.

3. rgr told me I can copy the xperf.exe from a vista install directory. But I didn't find where can download the xperf for vista.

Sunday, May 26, 2019 2:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

>>Where can I get xperf whatever wpt or adk for the old versions, especially the win7 and xp?

You could try to download and install this, also have a look at these:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/jeff_stokes/2013/03/15/xperf-for-the-layman-performance-analysis-unchained-windows-assessment-toolkit-revealed/
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jimmymay/2009/11/24/xperf-install-windows-performance-toolkit-wpt-with-242mb-download-not-2-5gb-windows-7-sdk-part-2/

Best Wishes,

Jack Zhang

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by sculida Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:49 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 6:52 AM
  • Thank you! But the https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=30652 told me "The Windows Performance Toolkit can only be installed on the following operating systems: Windows® 8, Windows Server® 2012, Windows® 7, or Windows Server® 2008 R2"

I need xperf that can be worked at windows xp. Could you help me more?

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:01 AM
  • Hello,

>> I need xperf that can be worked at windows xp. Could you help me more?

I don't have the XP OS to test if the Xperf could be worked at Windows XP or not, you could have a try, I don't know what you need to do with Xperf, if you want to isolate CPU and memory-related performance issues. Maybe also think about using an old PerfView (V1.0 ...).

PerfView is a performance-analysis tool that helps isolate CPU- and memory-related performance issues. PerfView is a performance analysis tool focusing on ETW information (ETL files) as well as CLR memory information (heap dumps). It can collect and view ETL files as well as XPERF CSV files. Powerful grouping operators allow you to understand performance profiles in ways other tools can't. PerfView is used internally at Microsoft by a number of teams and is the primary performance investigation tool on the .NET Runtime team. 
    There is no download link on official website because it was too old, you could google it by yourself.

Best Wishes,

Jack Zhang

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:40 AM
  • I can copy the directory of xperf.exe from windows7 to the windows xp. It is able to work at Xp.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:50 AM
  • Hello,

>> I need xperf that can be worked at windows xp. Could you help me more?

I don't have the XP OS to test if the Xperf could be worked at Windows XP or not, you could have a try, I don't know what you need to do with Xperf, if you want to isolate CPU and memory-related performance issues. Maybe also think about using an old PerfView (V1.0 ...).

PerfView is a performance-analysis tool that helps isolate CPU- and memory-related performance issues. PerfView is a performance analysis tool focusing on ETW information (ETL files) as well as CLR memory information (heap dumps). It can collect and view ETL files as well as XPERF CSV files. Powerful grouping operators allow you to understand performance profiles in ways other tools can't. PerfView is used internally at Microsoft by a number of teams and is the primary performance investigation tool on the .NET Runtime team. 
    There is no download link on official website because it was too old, you could google it by yourself.

Best Wishes,

Jack Zhang

I has a trouble. I don't it is performence of cpu,io or it is block at some softwares. Could you help me?Here is my question.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:34 AM