Aero Glass Desktop Banner RRS feed

• Question

• First, I'm not a developer.  I was wondering if anyone has created or how difficult would it be to create a Desktop Banner that would reside and across the top of the desktop and  that could be used to display the security level of a desktop (ie., Unclassified) and that is persistent.  I was looking for something transparent like the Aero Glass feature where it would not get in the way of maximized windows.  Can some point me in the right direction or give me some advice?  Thanks

Kevin
    Friday, June 20, 2008 2:42 PM

Answers

• This is possible - you just need to get the window properties right which will most likely include the following:

AllowsTransparency="True"
    WindowStyle="None"
    ShowInTaskbar="False"
    Topmost="True

I'm not sure how much help you need really, a very basic app would probably take minutes to make though in Expression Blend.
    Friday, June 20, 2008 3:05 PM
  • You can also set the windowstartlocation to 0,0 or something else.

If this banner is draggable then you will need to implement the draggable logic. take a look at the following link in that case
    http://pavanpodila.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!9C9E888164859398!345.entry?wa=wsignin1.0
    Friday, June 20, 2008 3:20 PM

All replies

• This is possible - you just need to get the window properties right which will most likely include the following:

AllowsTransparency="True"
    WindowStyle="None"
    ShowInTaskbar="False"
    Topmost="True

I'm not sure how much help you need really, a very basic app would probably take minutes to make though in Expression Blend.
    Friday, June 20, 2008 3:05 PM
  • You can also set the windowstartlocation to 0,0 or something else.

If this banner is draggable then you will need to implement the draggable logic. take a look at the following link in that case
    http://pavanpodila.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!9C9E888164859398!345.entry?wa=wsignin1.0
    Friday, June 20, 2008 3:20 PM
  • Kevin,

Have you made any progress in this? I am looking for the same thing. I tried asking NMCI, from your application I think you might know who they are, how they did it and they wouldn't tell me

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:21 PM