Hosting service RRS feed

• Question

• User-896252741 posted

I creating a WCF service by using .net framework 3.5 .i need to host the service in a medium trust enviroment on a web server.

which two binding we should use?

a.NetMsmqq

b.BasicHttp

c.WSdualHttp

d.NetTcp

e.WebHttp

Monday, May 6, 2013 7:35 AM

Answers

• User260886948 posted

Hi,

You said that yout want to host the service in a medium trust enviroment. I will recommand you use the BasicHttpBinding and WebHttpBinding.

The BasicHttpBinding and WebHttpBinding are fully supported in a partial trust environment. The WSHttpBinding is supported for Transport security mode only.

Bindings that use transports other than HTTP, such as the NetTcpBinding, the NetNamedPipeBinding, or the NetMsmqBinding, are not supported when running in a partial trust environment.

For more information, please try to refer to this MSDN article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb412186.aspx  .

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 6, 2013 9:56 PM
  • User311508580 posted

Hi,

You said that yout want to host the service in a medium trust enviroment. I will recommand you use the BasicHttpBinding and WebHttpBinding.

The BasicHttpBinding and WebHttpBinding are fully supported in a partial trust environment. The WSHttpBinding is supported for Transport security mode only.

Agree... I believe you need to use BasicHttpBinding and WebHttpBinding on your environment.

Monday, May 6, 2013 10:22 PM

All replies

• User-1800438376 posted

Binding depends on your business logic.

if you have converted your web service to wcf service than you can go for basichttp binding.

or depends on the way you want to communicate to service.

Monday, May 6, 2013 7:42 AM
  • User260886948 posted

Hi,

Bindings that use transports other than HTTP, such as the NetTcpBinding, the NetNamedPipeBinding, or the NetMsmqBinding, are not supported when running in a partial trust environment.

For more information, please try to refer to this MSDN article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb412186.aspx  .

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng 

Monday, May 6, 2013 9:56 PM
  • User311508580 posted

Hi,

Agree... I believe you need to use BasicHttpBinding and WebHttpBinding on your environment.

Monday, May 6, 2013 10:22 PM