POS for .NET 1.14 sticky center alignment RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have a VS2013 C# project that is referencing version 1.14 of POS for .NET to communicate with an Epson TM-H2000 OPOS printer.

I am able to print the content just fine. However, once I send the ESC sequence for center alignment (ESC|cA) on a specific line, every subsequent line continues to use center alignment. Sending the "Normal" sequence (ESC|N) doesn't change anything, not to mention that nothing is resetting at the end of each line via PrintNormal. I'm unable to determine if this is an issue with POS For .NET or the hardware itself.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to restore default left alignment after printing the center-justified line?

Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:22 PM

Answers

• It appears that the Epson printer is not handling the Normal sequence (ESC|N) correctly. However, there apparently is a UPOS command sequence for printing left alignment that is unfortunately not included in the POS for .NET documentation (ESC|lA).

That solved the problem.

• Marked as answer by GS-Scooter Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:12 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:12 PM

All replies

• I don't have that printer, but can you send a left justification sequence?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, August 6, 2015 11:03 PM
    Answerer
  • I cannot find any ESC sequence in either the Epson or PFN documentation that is responsible for left justification.
    Friday, August 7, 2015 11:20 AM
  • Sounds like something gets set with the printer. You might want to reach out to EPSON to see what they have to say.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, August 7, 2015 2:26 PM
    Answerer
  • It appears that the Epson printer is not handling the Normal sequence (ESC|N) correctly. However, there apparently is a UPOS command sequence for printing left alignment that is unfortunately not included in the POS for .NET documentation (ESC|lA).

That solved the problem.

• Marked as answer by GS-Scooter Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:12 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:12 PM