none
FILE receive adapter deleted the empty file --Biztalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team

Using scheduled task job, I put an xml file to Biztalk receive location path which has parameters(we can say as trigger file to output some results) and cannot be empty any time....But somehow not always...at times Biztalk receive adapter assumes it as an empty file and delete it....and in result the required important output file is not generated in the scheduled windows....Not sure why sometimes it assumes as empty file though it has values...

kindly can anyone help me with suggestions/what could be the root cause for such strange behavior........

Regards

Sreedevi

Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:42 PM

Answers

• Hey!

As Morten explains below it looks like the file may not be locked, you often get this problems when Reading files from a *nix share since the *nix platform doesn't Lock the files like a Windows share (NTFS). If you are reading this from a *nix share I recommend using the FTP adapter rather then the FILE Adapter (there are some workarounds, but I would advice you to use the method I suggested).

Be aware that communicating with *nix shares over FILE is not supported (shoot me if I'm not correct).

Best regards

Tord Glad Nordahl
    http://www.BizTalkAdmin.com | @tordeman

Please indicate ”Mark as Answer” if this post has answered the question.

Monday, February 24, 2014 1:08 PM

All replies

• Sounds to me like the task job is not locking the file until completion. Is the file residing on an NTFS drive?

Morten la Cour

Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:40 PM
  • It is property of File adapter which deletes any empty file. Sometime if the file is not completely written, or is being written.. its size remain 0 kb. And adapter thinks its empty file and deletes it.

Try this:

In your receive port there is property called rename file while reading. That will ensure that file is completely written before getting picked up. Bacause Rename will only occur once file is completely written(not in use)

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Chandra Kumar Monday, February 24, 2014 2:59 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 2:31 AM
  • Hey!

As Morten explains below it looks like the file may not be locked, you often get this problems when Reading files from a *nix share since the *nix platform doesn't Lock the files like a Windows share (NTFS). If you are reading this from a *nix share I recommend using the FTP adapter rather then the FILE Adapter (there are some workarounds, but I would advice you to use the method I suggested).

Be aware that communicating with *nix shares over FILE is not supported (shoot me if I'm not correct).

Best regards

Tord Glad Nordahl
    http://www.BizTalkAdmin.com | @tordeman

Please indicate ”Mark as Answer” if this post has answered the question.

Monday, February 24, 2014 1:08 PM