none
Want to create an add-in/webpart that can enable comments for each day in TimeSheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Want to create an add-in/webpart that can enable comments for each day in timesheet.

I need help how can I achieve that programmatically.

Regards,

Mehar

Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I cannot help you out for development but you can find some addons in the market, or another way is to create a task custom field by week day.

See reference below:

http://www.camakoepm.com/products/Pages/cbdy.aspx

Http://gj80blogtech.blogspot.ca/2010/05/daily-timesheet-comment-in-project.html

http://ppmblog.org/2011/02/06/project-server-2010-commentsnotes-pr-day-in-timesheet/

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Saturday, April 19, 2014 6:53 AM
  • Hi Rouyre,

Thanks for the links but actually I didn't have option to use third-party tools/add-in. I have to develop it.

Regards,

Mehar

Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:20 AM
  • I understand your requirement not to buy a third party tool. Building such an addin will require an extensive and complex development process. As a workaround, creating a task custom field by day is an easy solution that works well.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

I already developed this kind of customization. The system offered the possibility to clic on a cell (Project Center, or My Task, or Timesheet), to input a value to store in a custom field, or in a database.

After clicking, a Popup with different textbox, etc...is displayed:  it is possible to put values, comments, or whatever.

The benefits is that with this method, you don't have to redevelop the complete timesheet grid, which would be really complex.

Instead of that, you develop a part of javascript code, which displays a popup containing asp.net code. From the aspx page, you can make what you want: modifying the value of an task/assignment customfield for exemple.

To start, you can search for the Project Server 2010 SDK, Customize Project Center: it would be a good start point.

In case of big difficulty, ask again here, and we could get in touch to give more explanations.

Hope it helps,

Sylvain

Friday, April 25, 2014 3:15 PM