Cannot embed interop type....because the source interface....referenced by its ComEventInterface Attribute cannot be found. RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a plugin to import realtime APRS data into an application.  I cannot compile because I get the following error:

Error 1 Cannot embed interop type 'AGI.Realtime.Tracking.IAgRtApplicationEvents_Event' because the source interface 'AGI.Realtime.IAgRtApplicationEvents' referenced by its ComEventInterfaceAttribute cannot be found. APRSEntityProvider

I am at a complete loss as to where or how to fix this.  I cannot even find where tis is referenced in my code.  Am I missing a required reference?  I realize you are probably not familiar with the specific interop type, but I thought I would take a shot in the dark to see if someone knows an easy way to fix the error.

I searched the forums but did not see a solution to this specific error...

Thanks!

Monday, April 9, 2012 4:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Sareedco,

If you ensure that you’ve referenced the necessary plugin, I think that may be caused by the strong named interface “AGI.Realtime.IAgRtApplicationEvents”. The assembly you are trying to add the reference from being signed with a strong name but the assembly you are trying to reference is not signed, you may got this error. Whatever, that’s just a suggestion. It seems you’re using is a 3-rd party plugin, and then I’d suggest you consult the plugin provider for assist.

I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,

Shanks Zen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:41 AM