EM Html templates-custom RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I am running Windows XP. I currently have I View Media Pro 3, and would like to upgrade to Expression Media. I did download the trial version and I am happy with it so far.

I do have custom html templates from I View Media Pro 3, and would like to also use them with Expression Media. I
    did download them to the plug ins folder>html templates (in Expression Media). However, they are not showing in the Theme field when I am trying to create an html gallery.

Do custom templates not work in the trial version? I wanted to test everything and make sure I will have no problems with anything working once I upgrade. If someone could help I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, December 29, 2008 11:53 PM

Answers

• hi fotogchick,

Custom templates should work fine in the trial version. I'm assuming that the custom templates worked fine in iView?

They need to be in their own folders with the folder name matching the template name.
    Then they need to go into C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Expression Media\Plug-ins\HTML Templates.

Check the folders to make sure that they don't have a little world globe icon on them. If they do, that could be the problem Expression Media will not see a template that is marked as a web application. The way to get around that is to:
    Create a new folder directly in C

1. :\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Expression Media\Plug-ins\HTML Templates of the correct name.
    2. Open your template folder and copy just the contents into the new folder you just created.

If you are still having trouble, let us know.

Regards,
    Anita Oakley
    Microsoft Expression Media Support

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:57 PM

All replies

• Which folder did you put the template into?  Those under C:\Program Files\... don't contain actual template details, other than empty folders.  I guess that the supplied templates are built in?  This seems to be true for iView as well.

Your custom HTML templates in iView should have been in C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data\iView\Plug-ins\HTML Templates\ and would need to be copied to a similar directory - just change iView to Expression Media 2 (assuming you've downloaded v2).

Otherwise the templates should work in the trial version - sorry, I'm licensed so can't test!

Ian
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:47 AM
  • I did put the templates in the folders and they are still not appearing under the theme option. Do I need to uninstall Iview Media Pro once I install EM2?
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:03 AM
  • hi fotogchick,

Custom templates should work fine in the trial version. I'm assuming that the custom templates worked fine in iView?

They need to be in their own folders with the folder name matching the template name.
    Then they need to go into C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Expression Media\Plug-ins\HTML Templates.

Check the folders to make sure that they don't have a little world globe icon on them. If they do, that could be the problem Expression Media will not see a template that is marked as a web application. The way to get around that is to:
    Create a new folder directly in C

1. :\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Expression Media\Plug-ins\HTML Templates of the correct name.
    2. Open your template folder and copy just the contents into the new folder you just created.

If you are still having trouble, let us know.

Regards,
    Anita Oakley
    Microsoft Expression Media Support

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:57 PM