none
Data Factory Trigger using UI is throwing an error when publishing

Question

• I have a copy activity from azure blob to azure sql server. The pipeline works fine when I manually trigger it.  I am only using the UI for all of this. When I create the trigger on event, it throws an error. How do I fix this? I figured it was due to the microsoft.eventgrid needing to be registered, but I have that now and it is still giving an error. The blob storage is V2.  What do I need to do to fix this?

The error is:Response with status: 403 Forbidden for url:https://management.azure.com/subscriptions/..../providers/microsoft.eventgrid/register?api-version=2018-02-01

• Edited by JoshJJames Friday, July 27, 2018 2:46 AM typos
    Friday, July 27, 2018 2:33 AM

All replies

• Could you check if your account has permission for the "register" action?
    Friday, July 27, 2018 1:32 PM
  • How do I do that? Do I do that or the admin?

josh

Friday, July 27, 2018 1:53 PM
  • I am set as owner. Is there another place to check for individual actions.

josh

Friday, July 27, 2018 1:58 PM
  • Hi Josh

This is a known bug that we are currently working on. We expect the fix to appear early next week. Check back on Tuesday to see if you are still running into this issue.

Were you the subscription owner before you ran into this issue? If not, are you still running into this issue?

Friday, July 27, 2018 5:51 PM
  • I am not sure. I started as "contributor" when we started this project, but ran into many types of errors so I was moved to owner.  Since I was moved to owner, the only registered provider we have changed is microsoft.eventgrid.  It was not registered and we moved it to registered.  

Do I need to add parameters or anything for this to work on Tuesday?  I have seen videos on seeting up event triggers and they are using code and not the UI so it's difficult to understand what is needed. For my use cases, I don't see much complexity and probably won't need to use json at all. 

josh

Friday, July 27, 2018 7:09 PM
  • We have fixed this issue. Please refresh the browser and have a try.
    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:54 AM
  • The trigger is working now. Thanks for fixing that. 

josh

Monday, August 6, 2018 4:01 PM