none
Access Custum Web App RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to not show the data in a textbox (autocomplete) when giving it a control source when building a custom web app in Access?

I want to create a form that allows employees to update there address on SharePoint BUT I do not want employees to see everyone address for privacy purposes. I simply want a user to filter through the DB in a List that shows first and last name but not address zip, state and all that. Please help? 

• Edited by TKrause5 Friday, September 4, 2015 5:10 PM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 5:09 PM

Answers

• Hi TKrause5,
    >> I simply want a user to filter through the DB in a List that shows first and last name but not address zip, state and all that

Do you mean that you want to update the information, but you do not want everyone could see others’ information? In my option, there is no way to achieve your requirement directly. I have tried to set the visible property of textbox according the user, but it will be applied on all of the records.

For a workaround, I suggest you filter the records according the user when form load, but in this way, other’s information will not show up, the first and last and will not show up either. The current user could only see his own information.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 7, 2015 9:01 AM