none
SpiderClusterManager.JS where I can find some documentation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    I am using bing map v8, did cluster with SpiderClusterManager very well, But now I am looking to add many ClusterLayer.

To show and hide the chosen one.

I try to simply declare spider manager as array, to hide / show it, but spiderManager is not defined when i want to do spiderManager[id].setOptions({ visible:true });I thought it will work like layer but not!!!

As i understand spider manager create a ClusterLayer, maybe it will be the best way to be able to hide / show this "layer by [id]", any advice on the way to do it ?

Many thanks

• Edited by Stef519 Monday, March 20, 2017 3:41 PM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 2:25 PM

Answers

• I've updated the SpiderClusterModule to support setting the visible property using the method you tried.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Monday, March 20, 2017 3:43 PM
  • There are a few reasons why this isn't built in. The main one is that there is a lot of different ways to render clusters and not everyone will want to use spider clusters, however if it was built in that code would be downloaded for all users of the cluster manager. We try and break up differentiating features into modules so that applications only download the code they actually need.

• Marked as answer by Stef519 Wednesday, March 22, 2017 6:50 AM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:01 PM

All replies

• I've updated the SpiderClusterModule to support setting the visible property using the method you tried.

Monday, March 20, 2017 3:43 PM
  • Great it is working fine, many thanks

One regret. it do not answer to the getOptions().visible;, .clear(); and I imagine the other command but i handle differently.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this SpiderClusterManager.js, I am not enough good in programing to do it myself...

This should be included as option directly in native in web control like

var clusterLayer = new Microsoft.Maps.ClusterLayer(pushpins, { gridSize: 100, spiderManager : true });

BR

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:09 AM
  • There are a few reasons why this isn't built in. The main one is that there is a lot of different ways to render clusters and not everyone will want to use spider clusters, however if it was built in that code would be downloaded for all users of the cluster manager. We try and break up differentiating features into modules so that applications only download the code they actually need.

• Marked as answer by Stef519 Wednesday, March 22, 2017 6:50 AM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:01 PM