Deploying an asp.net application to Framework 2.0 (using msi) RRS feed

• Question

• User177071611 posted

I have developed an asp.net application to run in Framework 2.0.

The thing is, I have generated a .msi, so the application could be installed at the server without problems. However, the Default Web Site in IIS at server is set to Framework 1.0 (despite of having Framework 2.0 installed on it). In addition to installing the application, I need to change the configuration of IIS as well. It's important to mention that the application is already set to run in Framework 2.0 or higher, but the only aspect that is affecting it, is that if the IIS is set to Framework 1.0 I can't get into the site.

I would like to know how to set up the .msi to configure it automatically (setup Default Web Site to Framework 2.0 is not an option).

Regards,

metanolbr

Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:24 PM

Answers

• User372121194 posted

Hi,

We can create Custom Action of Web Setup project to modify IIS setting, such as ASP.NET version, Authentication, etc.

To change the ASP.NET version to 2.0, we can use aspnet_regiis.exe utility that ships with ASP.NET within the \Windows\Microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.5.0727\ to update IIS script-maps with ASP.NET 2.0 version.

To configurate IIS, we can use System.DirectoryServices APIs to query and modify IIS settings in Custom Action too.
    For more information, see

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/06/15/tip-trick-creating-packaged-asp-net-setup-programs-with-vs-2005.aspx 

I look forward to receiving your test results.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 4:40 AM