Issue with sending email to Verizion via email service API and smtp client RRS feed

• Question

• User-1188570427 posted

I am having an issue where when I sent to a Verizon phone number that it is appending [Attachment(s) removed] at the end of EVERY message.

If I send via smtp client in .net then, everything works fine.

I have contacted my email service and they do not see anything different from the code base when sending via the API and smtp client.

The only difference I see is the IP address where they are received from.

I've also contacted Verizon and explained everything to them. They are looking into it as well, but not sure how far I'll get with them.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 3:24 PM

Answers

• User-1188570427 posted

ISSUE FIXED:

I think the issue is I was not using @vzwpix.com but was using @vtext.com for sending emails to text messages from Verizon. I guess their code on their end is different for some reason. If I send to @vzwpix.com for Verizon it is working now. It puts the subject in bold text and DOES NOT include the [attachment(s) removed] anymore. I still do not really understand why I can send it to vtext via the smtp client way and not the API way.

I'll change my code to use @vzwpix.com for Verizon phone numbers.

Another issue was: I tried @vzwpix.com before (for Verizon support), but I had an underlying override on sending the text messages to a @vtext for testing purposes and I think that was covering up the issue when I was testing @vzwpix.com.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:06 PM

All replies

• User-893317190 posted

Hi tvb2727,

I'm sorry,because you are using  email service api that we don't have condition to test,I suggest that you could  provide your code to your email service to see whether there is something wrong in your code or in their api.

Best regards,

Ackerly Xu

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:23 AM
  • User-1188570427 posted

ISSUE FIXED:

I think the issue is I was not using @vzwpix.com but was using @vtext.com for sending emails to text messages from Verizon. I guess their code on their end is different for some reason. If I send to @vzwpix.com for Verizon it is working now. It puts the subject in bold text and DOES NOT include the [attachment(s) removed] anymore. I still do not really understand why I can send it to vtext via the smtp client way and not the API way.

I'll change my code to use @vzwpix.com for Verizon phone numbers.

Another issue was: I tried @vzwpix.com before (for Verizon support), but I had an underlying override on sending the text messages to a @vtext for testing purposes and I think that was covering up the issue when I was testing @vzwpix.com.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:06 PM