none
Excel original template not downloading in sharepoint 2013 portal browser Isssue RRS feed

• Question

• I am  working for Zurich Account (Support project)  in CTS, I am facing issues in SharePoint website which was developed in  SP2013 . Could you please give me some help on this
    Issue
    In SP web site , business  maintains some Excel template  files for their customer. These all are stored in separate site collection as Assets  and we don’t  have access for this site collection.
    Whenever user  trying to download theses excel template file’s   and  it’s  downloading with login screen (login screen captured in side excel ), not downloading original  template in IE. I have tried other browsers and it’s working as excepted, but issue only  exists while using  IE. Currently I am using IE11 , I have tried in other versions of IE and got same issue
    Work Around
    I have found work around for this  issue. while trying to save it in my local drive by right clicking on  download  hyperlink of those template files,  I have got the correct template .
    I am believing this as browser issue , Kindly help  me on this
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please following steps below to check this issue.

1. Try to download the Excel template file in IE at another machine and check if it works.

2. Add your SharePoint site to trust site in IE.

3. Make sure you have configured the alternate access mappings(AAM) for your SharePoint.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263208.aspx

4. Check whether enable the "File download" in IE or not.

a. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

b. Open Internet Explorer.

c. Click the "Tools" button, and then click "Internet Options".

d. Click the "Security" tab, click on "Internet", and then click the "Custom level" button.

e. Scroll down to the Downloads category, and set "File download" to enable.

f. Click "OK", and then click "Yes".

Now try to download a file and check

5. Run the fixit tool from the below article.

Fix Internet Explorer issues to make IE fast, safe and stable 

6. Check follows:

a. Open Internet Explorer. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

b. On the General tab, under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.

c. In the Delete Files dialog box that appears, click OK.

d. Under History, click Clear History.

e. In the dialog box that appears, click OK.

f. Quit Internet Explorer.

g. Log on to the computer by using the account of a user who does not experience the problem, and then open a command prompt.

Change the directory to the following path:

drive:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

where username is the name of the user account that has the problem.

h. Type del index.dat, and then press ENTER.

Close the command prompt, and then restart the computer.

The Index.dat file is recreated the next time that you log on to the computer.

Now try to download the excel template file again.

7.  If it still not working. You could try to reinstall Internet Explorer and download file again. Here is the download link for you.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 6:40 AM