none
CTK Tests and Source Control RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I am setting up Unit Tests for my application using the CTK, such that each DLL (developed by multiple developers) will have it's own CTK test dll.  What I would like to do is have each developer be able to easily share their tests, and have these tests automatically available on the nightly build server without manually setting up each test on each computer.  Ideally this could be done by checking in some CTK settings file into source control once when the test is created, but I can't find such a file.

I tried using Export User Settings and then Import User settings to share the tests.  My issue is that when I open the saved User settings in the CTK, all of the Custom CTK tests have a modified folder path of C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Compact Test Kit\... (they were previously in my WINCEROOT path) so they are not using the latest out of source control anymore.  I did this on the same computer, so I know the tests were still available at the correct path.

So... what is the best way to setup the CTK to run custom user tests on multiple computers when the tests are in source control?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Jerel

Monday, July 25, 2011 9:30 PM