Can't find "AJAX Control Tookit" in Toolbox RRS feed

• Question

• User-1885804455 posted

I have installed AJAX Control Toolkit from here: https://go.devexpress.com/AjaxControlToolkit_Website_Download.aspx

BUT, I can't find it in the Toolbox. I have looked at this page: https://ajaxcontroltoolkit.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Step-by-Step%20Installation%20Guide&referringTitle=Documentation

The instructions says:

1) After the installation is over, create new ASP.NET Web Forms project in Visual Studio
    2) To show the AJAX Control Toolkit controls in the Toolbox select any .aspx page in the Solution Explorer

BUT, my toolbox still looks the same. I don't find anything like "AJAX Control Toolkit v15.1".

When searching for the issue, there always the same suggestions of creating "AJAX Control Toolkit" in the toolbox manually and then find  some "AJAXControlToolkit.dll". I have searched for this file and can't find it. Still I have "AJAX Control Toolkit" installed.

I don't know why finding this "AJAXControlToolkit.dll" is constantly suggested, because it doesn't seems to be the official way of doing things. When looking at the step-by-step guide there isn't any line mention searching for any dll, so I don't know why this (misleading information) is suggested by others. I'm sure that if finding some dll was the way to go, then it would have been suggested in the step-by-step guide.

So does anyone have any REAL suggestions on how to get the "AJAX Control Toolkit" in the Toolbox?
    As I understand, not every version have support for Toolbox integration, but I'm using Visual Studio Community 2015, so I should be good to go.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:07 PM

Answers

• User-1885804455 posted

I manage to solve it.

First I installed Ajax Control Toolkit and realized that the Express version of Visual Studio didn't support Ajax Control Toolkit as a feature in the Toolbox. Then I installed Visual Studio Community instead. Still it didn't show up in the Toolbox. Then I figure I should reinstall Ajax Control Toolkit, so it would be installed while having Visual Studio Community on the machine. Then when starting Visual Studio Community I got some message saying "The 'Roaming Manager Package' package did not load correctly."

Then I figure I should repair the installation for Visual Studio Community and there it was "Ajax Control Toolkit v15.1", right there in the Toolbox.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:48 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi Ptolemy,

After the installation is over, create new ASP.NET Web Forms project in Visual Studio

Firstly, please check if AjaxControlToolkit assembly reference is added to the project.

Secondly, you could try to find and install AjaxControlToolkit in  “Manage NuGet Packages” window.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Thursday, August 13, 2015 1:07 AM
  • User-1885804455 posted

I manage to solve it.

First I installed Ajax Control Toolkit and realized that the Express version of Visual Studio didn't support Ajax Control Toolkit as a feature in the Toolbox. Then I installed Visual Studio Community instead. Still it didn't show up in the Toolbox. Then I figure I should reinstall Ajax Control Toolkit, so it would be installed while having Visual Studio Community on the machine. Then when starting Visual Studio Community I got some message saying "The 'Roaming Manager Package' package did not load correctly."

Then I figure I should repair the installation for Visual Studio Community and there it was "Ajax Control Toolkit v15.1", right there in the Toolbox.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:48 PM