none
Can't remove "Sign the ClickOnce manifests" checkbox RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on a VB.NET project in VS2010.  On the project properties / signing page, there is a checkbox in the "Sign the ClickOnce manifests" box.  My coworker, who's also working on the same project, does not have this checkbox.  I need to uncheck that box and remove any ClickOnce configuration from my project.  However, when I uncheck the box and build or rebuild the project it always shows back up as checked.  It's like it's defaulting to checked on my machine only but I don't understand why.  
    I've done some searching and a couple of places told me there's another checkbox on the Security tab that controls whether or not ClickOnce will be used.  However, I don't have a Security tab on my property page.  I saw something else that suggested that was only for web projects and this is a PowerPoint add in.
    Anyone have any other ideas on how to remove the "Sign the ClickOnce manifests" checkbox?

Denise Duggan
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 9:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Denise,

Why do you want to do that? Unchecking this is not going to remove a ClickOnce configuration. AFAIK the Publish tab controls whether or not you create a ClickOnce install. I don't use ClickOnce installs so I could be wrong. I use MSI or third party Installers like InstallShield but everything I create is signed with a certificate and that's what this setting controls.

I'll be interested to see what others have to say as well.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:10 PM
  • I didn't see anything on the Publish tab regarding ClickOnce.  I remember reading somewhere that it was on the Security tab but there's no Security tab in my app.  I did double-check the Publish tab and don't see anything about ClickOnce.  I hope someone else does respond because this has got me stymied for now.
    Denise Duggan
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:54 PM
  • Hi Denise,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

You are able to find the “Publish” tab from the following steps:

1.         Right click mouse on the solution explorer.

2.         Select “Properties” menu item.

3.         You will find the particular project’s property window. And you will find the “Publish” tab. You can set the settings of the Click Once in that place.

I hope what I said can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:26 AM
  • Hi Tom,

I went to look at the Publish tab again, but I see nothing on there about ClickOnce.  The options on the Publish tab include:

• Publishing Folder Location
    • Installation Folder Url
    • Install Settings (which has 3 buttons, Prerequisites, Updates and Options, which I will explore bwlow)
    • Publish Version
    • Checkbox labelled Automatically increment revision with each release
    • Publish Now button

The Prerequisite button in the Install settings fires a dialog window with the following:

• Checkbox labelled Create setup program to install prerequisite components
    • Listbox labelled Choose which prerequisites to install
    • Hyperlink to Check Microsoft Update for more redistributable components
    • Section to Specify the install location for prerequisites that has 3 radio buttons allowing you to download prereqs from the component vendor's website, from the same location as my application or from a user specified location.

The Update button in the Install settings fires a dialog window about Customization Updates that allows the user to specify when to check for updates.  Options are every time the customization runs, a user specified interval or never.

The Options button in the Install settings fires a dialog that provides two Publish Options.  The Description option allows the user to select the publish language, the publisher name, the product name, and the Support URL.  The Office Settings option allows the user to specify the Solution name, the Description, and the Add-in Load Behavior (Load at Startup or Load on Demand).

So I don't see anything on the Publish tab about ClickOnce.  Any idea why it wouldn't be there?

Thanks!

Denise Duggan
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:26 PM
  • Hi Denise,

Whether it says anything there or not, that's how you create a ClickOnce install ... you use the Publish tab. You do not use that tab or its settings if you are going to create an MSI install.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 1:08 PM
  • I do appreciate your assistance, Rich.  But Tom_Xu, I can't count this is an answer to the issue.  If there is no option on the publish tab about the ClickOnce install (which there isn't... I've listed the complete contents of that tab) then there must be some other way of dealing with this.
    Denise Duggan
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 2:30 PM