How to Create install file for project? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I want Create Install file from my C# project. But I can not Find New Project Option as the tutorials said in add menu? please help me. I Create one install file yesterday but now I can not.

Saturday, November 28, 2020 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hello,

There are several options

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/deployment/deploying-applications-services-and-components?view=vs-2019

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VisualStudioClient.MicrosoftVisualStudio2017InstallerProjects

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

My GitHub code samples
    GitHub page

Check out:  the new Microsoft Q&A forums

Saturday, November 28, 2020 3:19 PM
  • Thank I Install the Microsoft Visual Studio Installer Projects before and use this too many time. but know I can not
    Saturday, November 28, 2020 3:50 PM
  • in  tutorial for create install file said first we should right click on solution explorer then click on add and then click on new project. then choose the setup. but my VS 2019 from today not have this option (new project i mean).

and when I create new setup project separately I do not know how my main project add to it. 

• Edited by linksadi Saturday, November 28, 2020 4:03 PM
    Saturday, November 28, 2020 4:02 PM
  • Hi linksadi,

Thank you for posting here.

Could you please post the link to the tutorial you used?

It is best to attach some screenshots so that we can understand the current problem more intuitively.

Best Regards,

Timon

"Visual C#" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A ! We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A ! For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, November 30, 2020 2:56 AM