none
Visual Studio editions

Question

• is visual studio 2012 premium the same as Enterprise given that Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate is now known as Enterprise in 2015?
    Thursday, September 08, 2016 3:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Visual Studio 2012 had Professional, Premium and Ultimate editions.

Right now I do not understand, what you mean with "is the same". The Visual Studio version is completly different so such a comparison does not make sense in my eyes.

But maybe you mean change for MSDN subscribers? Then you are correct: The Premium and Ultimate Subscribers got the new Enterprise level on Visual Studio 2015. (So for example: I had a MSDN Premium subscription and when Microsoft updated Visual Studio in the past, I got the enterprise level "for free" / for the test of the time my subscription was running. Not sure if the subscription wa directly changed to an enterprise edition or if I see "Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN (VL)" because my subscription got renewed.)

I hope this helped a little bit.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, September 08, 2016 3:57 PM
  • I've now answered this myself. So think I am right in saying the following:

Under the old licensing model of MSDN subscribers, the Premium and Ultimate subscribers got the new Enterprise level on the upgraded Visual Studio 2015.  (As an example, a user with a MSDN Premium or Ultimate subscription now has available to them a 2015 Enterprise level license for the rest of the time the subscription is running; as shown in the MVLSC).

Thursday, September 08, 2016 4:15 PM
  • Hi Konrad,

Thanks for your reply but I have now found the official answer which is on the MVLSC, so go to Subscriptions, then Visual Studio Subscriptions.  Click on one of your organisations subscriptions and there is a note.

Note: Active Visual Studio Premium with MSDN and Visual Studio Ultimate with MSDN subscriptions have been upgraded to the new Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN.

This is followed by a link to learn more:

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs-2015-product-editions?CR_CC=200622663

Happy days :)

P.S. You may want to share this one :)

JaynieAssetandConfig

Monday, September 12, 2016 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Visual Studio 2012 had Professional, Premium and Ultimate editions.

Right now I do not understand, what you mean with "is the same". The Visual Studio version is completly different so such a comparison does not make sense in my eyes.

But maybe you mean change for MSDN subscribers? Then you are correct: The Premium and Ultimate Subscribers got the new Enterprise level on Visual Studio 2015. (So for example: I had a MSDN Premium subscription and when Microsoft updated Visual Studio in the past, I got the enterprise level "for free" / for the test of the time my subscription was running. Not sure if the subscription wa directly changed to an enterprise edition or if I see "Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN (VL)" because my subscription got renewed.)

I hope this helped a little bit.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, September 08, 2016 3:57 PM
  • I've now answered this myself. So think I am right in saying the following:

Under the old licensing model of MSDN subscribers, the Premium and Ultimate subscribers got the new Enterprise level on the upgraded Visual Studio 2015.  (As an example, a user with a MSDN Premium or Ultimate subscription now has available to them a 2015 Enterprise level license for the rest of the time the subscription is running; as shown in the MVLSC).

Thursday, September 08, 2016 4:15 PM
  • Hi Jaynie,

Glad to hear you have understand the VS edition well. And thanks for sharing us your answer here.

If you think your reply is helpful, please mark your reply or Konrad's reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same question. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 09, 2016 2:44 AM
  • Hi Konrad,

Thanks for your reply but I have now found the official answer which is on the MVLSC, so go to Subscriptions, then Visual Studio Subscriptions.  Click on one of your organisations subscriptions and there is a note.

Note: Active Visual Studio Premium with MSDN and Visual Studio Ultimate with MSDN subscriptions have been upgraded to the new Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN.

This is followed by a link to learn more:

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs-2015-product-editions?CR_CC=200622663

Happy days :)

P.S. You may want to share this one :)

JaynieAssetandConfig

Monday, September 12, 2016 1:22 PM