none
Deploying a Word & Excel Addin for Terminalserver Users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we have created 2 Addins. We made a one-click install.exe solution which is working on client machines.

Now we want to deploy those 2 Addins on a Terminalserver (Windows 2008 R2) so every Terminalserver user recieves those Addins.

How can we archieve this?

Thx alot for the help !!

Friday, April 13, 2012 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Hurrikane1982,

As far I know that Add-in must run on local machine. So there has no work round to deploy add-in on server side and use it on Client side. You can publish your add-in on server side and let client download and setup it.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Hurrikane1982,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I think I'm not able to catch your mean, what's mean of "Now wwe want to deploy those 2 Addins on a Terminalserver (Windows 2008 R2) so every Terminalserver user recieves those Addins" ? Do you want to share your click-once setup file on the Terminalserver?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Monday, April 16, 2012 2:51 AM
  • Hi Tom,

short answer on your question yes. I want to install the Addins on the Terminalserver, if possible with the one-click setup so every User which logs on the Terminal server recieves those addins or to explain otherwise that every user is able to use those addins.

Monday, April 16, 2012 9:51 AM
  • Hi Hurrikane1982,

As far I know that Add-in must run on local machine. So there has no work round to deploy add-in on server side and use it on Client side. You can publish your add-in on server side and let client download and setup it.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:27 AM