none
Tablet: not to begin with a store, but spiritual

Question

• Hello

I'm trying to use a tablet (HP stream 7 with windows 8.1) as an interface with a microcontroller for a much more serious application

than buying for fighting boreness.

The problem is that I need that when I power the Tablet on, it shows just my visual studio basic lang. application, because it will be

the control of a machine, so it can't do anything else, and at the end it will register this event and shut down.   

This is because the tablet can become an excelent interface man - machine in a touchscreen, flat, ellegant, compact, reliable solution.

So, do somebody knows how to shut down this store or at least, how to begin with my application, avoiding any other use, to

close back doors as possible?

Friday, July 22, 2016 4:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi LUIS FDO. JIMENEZ,

Thanks for your posting.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

>>an interface with a microcontroller for a much more serious application

Could you please share me what is the microcontroller?

>> I power the Tablet on, it shows just my visual studio basic lang. application, because it will be the control of a machine, so it can't do anything else, and at the end it will register this event and shut down.   

Would you please share me a screenshot about this issue?

According to your description, you had better share me detailed steps that could help me to repro your issue in my side.

If I misunderstand your issue, please feel free to let me know. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:13 AM
  • Check if “Assigned Access” is suitable (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn449359).

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:36 AM
  • > Could you please share me what is the microcontroller?
    Microchip PIC 18f4550.  40 pins with usb interface.
    The interface PC - PIC has been susccesfully simulated already in my computer (win 7) with the electronics program Proteus and an example on VB 2010 code of "easy hid", so if we connect it right, it will work fine, as it happens with other electronics simulations.

> Would you please share me a screenshot about this issue?
    At this moment is difficult but I will do it soon.  
    The thing is that win 8.1 after boot shows a screen after login as the first event for the user wich is "win store", with climate, information and offers to sell you things, but I need to avoid it so windows begins with my visual basic 2010 application first and, if possible, don't let the possibility of interrupting it in any moment with messages, popups or something microsoft could have done to attract the clients attention.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards
    Luis

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:42 PM
  • It seems that assigned access can solve my problem,

I will try it and then comment about it.

Thank you

Luis

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:45 PM