none
VS 2015 ToolStripMenu buttons vanished

Question

• It's bad enough trying to learn how this whole programming business works, but having to deal with dodgy software is even worse, i am sick to death of the TSM buttons disappearing for no apparent reason. They are still in the code but not on the form.

Does anyone know how i can get them to display again? I really don't want to rebuild the menu strips again as there is too much code to rewrite again and again and again, damn software!
    In the last 2 weeks this has happened 8 times and i have rebuilt them again and again and again...
    How unstable is VS 2015?

Yes i really want to scream and shout and insult MS right now, but.....well you know!

Damn i am seriously pissed off with wasting my phùquin time with these damn buttons!

one unhappy dude

regards Flatland France

Monday, July 25, 2016 5:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• There was some mention of a bug earlier about the toolstripmenu disappearing in this msdn: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7b3ece51-6a0c-45b2-8d05-a22e0f10fe3c/disappearing-menu-toolstrip-items?forum=vbgeneral

What kind of project are you working on: Forms, ASP, Universal, WPF?

What version of VS2015 are you running?

There is this other msdn about a line in the Designer file that gets "disappeared", that may be your bug it is the AddRange for the toolstrip.

I have this in a project with a toolstrip in the Form1.Designer.vb:

'ToolStrip1
            Me.ToolStrip1.Items.AddRange(New System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem() {Me.NouveauToolStripButton, Me.OuvrirToolStripButton, Me.EnregistrerToolStripButton, Me.ImprimerToolStripButton, Me.toolStripSeparator, Me.CouperToolStripButton, Me.CopierToolStripButton, Me.CollerToolStripButton, Me.toolStripSeparator1, Me.ToolStripButton})
            Me.ToolStrip1.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(0, 0)
            Me.ToolStrip1.Name = "ToolStrip1"
            Me.ToolStrip1.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(587, 25)
            Me.ToolStrip1.TabIndex = 0
            Me.ToolStrip1.Text = "ToolStrip1"
    Have a look in this msdn: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5ff24559-29b8-49e1-83b3-0e209efb5fb7/toolstrip-disappeared?forum=vbide

Monday, July 25, 2016 8:07 PM
  • There was some mention of a bug earlier about the toolstripmenu disappearing in this msdn: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7b3ece51-6a0c-45b2-8d05-a22e0f10fe3c/disappearing-menu-toolstrip-items?forum=vbgeneral

There is this other msdn about a line in the Designer file that gets "disappeared", that may be your bug it is the AddRange for the toolstrip.

'ToolStrip1
            Me.ToolStrip1.Items.AddRange(New System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem() {Me.NouveauToolStripButton, Me.OuvrirToolStripButton, Me.EnregistrerToolStripButton, Me.ImprimerToolStripButton, Me.toolStripSeparator, Me.CouperToolStripButton, Me.CopierToolStripButton, Me.CollerToolStripButton, Me.toolStripSeparator1, Me.ToolStripButton})
    Have a look in this msdn: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5ff24559-29b8-49e1-83b3-0e209efb5fb7/toolstrip-disappeared?forum=vbide

After following your edit and second link, it seems that you are correct with this possibility. I still have to work on it as renaming is a bit of an issue and instead of different dropdown list it has shown everything on the toolstrip. I am on the right track so will mark your reply as an answer.

Thanks again for your time and help, it is appreciated :-)

regards Flatland France

Monday, July 25, 2016 9:26 PM

'ToolStrip1

It's Fixed and working again, time for a backup ;-)
    This one line did the trick

Thankyou for pointing me in the right direction and helping relieve the BUG stress

regards Flatland France

Monday, July 25, 2016 9:37 PM