TFS 2010 broken after domain controller crash RRS feed

• Question

• We had an issue with our domain controller a week a go where some of the drives died.

As an emergency measure, a new domain was created and new users were created.  The domain and usernames are the same as they were before (I understand that the SIDs will have changed).

Since the issue I have been unable to connect to the TFS server from visual studio.  I have logged on to the TFS server (which was dropped from the old domain and added to the new domain).

The web front end is showing an error: "Team Foundation Services are not available from the server"; "No service host is available for the request".

The Admin Console gives me: "SQL Server is not available".

I must confess this does not look good at all.  Is there a reasonably simple way to get TFS onto my new domain?  Am I better creating a new TFS box (I have the latest code of interest in my machine so it may be the quickest option)?

I am sensing that this could me a massive job to fix the server and I am no expert in TFS under the hood.  I had hoped it was simply a matter with replacing the user that the services use and then getting into the admin console and replacing the user account?

Monday, May 12, 2014 10:10 AM

Answers