WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls - TreeView

Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am using the TreeView from WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls. Using that I am not able to open up the drop down of list by default for the first time when it is loaded.

Please Revert back with the Suggestions/Solution.

Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards Sunil Kumar S C

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 11:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Sunil,

This is the wpf forum - different from windows app store.

You probably want to repeat your question there and include some code so people can see what you've tried.

Having said that.

I think the control is ported from Silverlight which is in turn pretty similar to wpf.

If you show us some code maybe I/we can help.

Generally.

I would expect you to be binding the itemssource of the treeview and defining hierarchicaldatatemplates and itemtemplates matching the type of your various "levels" in your collection.

I would first check you've got the data there to bind then whether there's something wrong in the templates mean they don't match the public properties of your collection.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 12:48 PM
  • Hi Sunil,

Is this problem just happened on TreeView control? I think it is the third-party controls problem. I would recommend you post your question on http://winrtxamltoolkit.codeplex.com/discussions.

If you still need help, please post a repro project for me to reproduce. Use your OneDrive and share a link here.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 21, 2014 6:18 AM
  •   <treeview:TreeView Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="0" x:Name="TreeMessages"
                                           ItemsSource="{Binding Groups}">
                            <treeview:TreeView.ItemTemplate>
                                <DataTemplate>
                                    <data:DataTemplateExtensions.Hierarchy>
                                        <data:HierarchicalDataTemplate ItemsSource="{Binding allMessages}" />
                                    </data:DataTemplateExtensions.Hierarchy>
                                    <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
                                    //<Design of Group>
                                    </StackPanel>
                                </DataTemplate>
                            </treeview:TreeView.ItemTemplate>
                        </treeview:TreeView>

I am using the treeview like this. I am using the TreeView from WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls. Using that I am not able to open up the drop down by default for the first time when it is loaded.

Thanks and Regards Sunil Kumar S C

Monday, November 24, 2014 9:41 AM